Please use this to clarify the installation instructions provided by Gulfstream:
- The original hole was round with two flats. As instructed, you will need to round out 1 flat, which is the flat on the right/aft so that the only remaining "flat" will be left or forward, aka 9:00 (red border indicates shell and flat)
- Position the bottom of the keyway so that it is at 3:00.
- Then put the "stop" the piece between the cam and the base of the lock so that it rotates clockwise 45 degrees. Test and move on.
- When the key is in that 3:00 position, install the "cam" on the back so that it is pointing towards 12:00 and the bend is going away from you.
- Install the small lock tab and nut on the back of the lock so that it sandwiches the parts together.
The end result will look like this:
- Locked: The base of the key will be at 6:00 in the locked position while the cam is at 3:00
- Unlocked: The base of the key will be at 3:00 while the cam is at 12:00